Published on 21 Feb 06
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper takes a look at the latest trends with salary packaging, including:
- what should be in your benefit offering and what should should be out?
- why are so many organisations turning to in-house systems?
- what is the simplest way to manage the most popular benefits?
- are the savings really worth it?
- what are some of the often overlooked related policy matters?
Elizabeth Lucas, is a Partner with Grant Thornton. She has extensive experience in providing fringe benefits tax and salary
packaging advice to not-for-profit bodies, corporate clients and government organisations. She specialises in the various aspects of remuneration planning and has experience in the areas of other employment taxes and GST. In particular, Elizabeth’s areas of expertise are salary packaging advice and implementation and consulting advice regarding FBT technical issues, systems and compliance procedures. Elizabeth is a speaker at various professional body functions and is a regular media commentator. She chairs
The Tax Institute’s FBT Subcommittee and served as a member of the FBT Subcommittee of the ATO’s National Tax Liaison Group for many years. Elizabeth was also a member of the Not-for-profit Sector Tax Concession Working Group reporting to the federal government and sits on a number of ATO consultations.
- Current at
23 March 2016