Published on 03 Feb 12
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- do you qualify for Division 152 reliefs?
- are you an SBE?
- what is your aggregated turnover?
- who is your affiliate?
- who is connected with you?
- when do you satisfy the *maximum net asset value test?
- conducting businesses through company & trust chains
- what is a CGT concession stakeholder?
- what is your small business participation percentage?
- what is an active asset?
- not an active asset if used for rental
- for how long must you own an active asset?
- selling assets down the corporate/trust chain.
Michael Butler FTIA is a Partner at Finlaysons' Tax & Revenue Group. Michael advises both domestic
and foreign clients on federal, international and state tax matters, and has a special interest in property tax
issues. Michael is the author of the book "Australian Federal Company Taxation" and a regular contributor to Taxation
Institute of Australia events.
Current at 23 March 2009 Current at 15 April 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Michael BUTLER.