Published on 10 Feb 10
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- the narrowing of s23AG
- when do you start being a resident?
- when do you stop being a resident?
- interface with FITO
- interface with CGT regime
- importance in the context of 2009 tax year
- the potential overlay of DTAs
- issues arising in relation to SMSFs.
Ian Stanley FTIA holds Bachelor degrees in Economics and Law from the ANU and a Masters of Laws from the
University of Sydney. Ian practises as a Barrister in Sydney specialising in income tax and related revenue
matters. He has published several papers on the debt equity regime and lectures in the Masters programme at
the University of Sydney on the Taxation of Financial Arrangements
Current at 18 September 2008 Current at 18 November 2008
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Ian STANLEY.