Published on 10 Feb 10
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- the narrowing of s23AG
- when do you start being a resident?
- when do you stop being a resident?
- interface with FITO
- interface with CGT regime
- importance in the context of 2009 tax year
- the potential overlay of DTAs
- issues arising in relation to SMSFs.
Ian Stanley CTA
Ian Stanley is a barrister whose practice at the Sydney Bar focuses on revenue law. Ian holds bachelor degrees in Economics and Law from the Australian National University and a Masters of Law from the University of Sydney. Ian has advised extensively on matters concerning residence. Current at 12 July 2013
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Ian STANLEY.
Further details about this event: