Published on 06 Aug 09
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- identifying current tax issues for charitable entities
- recent case law development
- discussion on the growth of philanthropic trusts and key issues
- outline of options for structuring charitable trusts outside of wills including impact of family provision applications and other claims against the estate on gifts to charities
- tax treatment of charitable trusts.
Heather is a Special Counsel and leads McCullough Robertson’s specialist Nonprofit practice which routinely deals with
the structuring of charitable and philanthropic entities.
- Current at
03 May 2012