Published on 11 Apr 03
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
New changes to the imputation system and other recent legislative development will require all corporate entities to review existing dividend strategies, in order to ensure that shareholder valued is maximised. The impact of these measures on dividend strategies are considered in this seminar paper, with particular emphasis on simplified imputation, illustrated by practical examples.
Topics covered include:
- the imputation changes and how franking has been simplified
- implications of simplified imputation for dividend policies/strategies
- streaming rules
- valuing the benefit of franked dividends for shareholders
in light of recent legislative developments
- returning funds to shareholders and maximising
- maximum franking percentage and the benchmark rule.