Published on 23 Nov 06
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
The small business CGT concessions offer significant opportunities, but you must be skilled enough to find them! This paper highlights the key issues you need to be aware of in relation to trusts, and budget changes, including:
- analysis of the maximum net asset value test
- the connected entities rule and the active asset test
- the controlling individual and CGT concession stakeholder tests
- structuring issues and ordering of the concessions
- contract implications
- identifing the controller of discretionary trusts.
This paper was also presented on 27 October 2006 at the Tax Intensive Seminar held in Victor Harbor, SA.
Current at 04 June 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Mark PIZZACALLA.