Published on 22 Oct 09
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers the the typical tax and commercial issues that need to be addressed when Australian SME clients plan to expand offshore. It includes a detailed case study exploring expansion into China and the US which highlights the practical matters involved in guiding clients through this complex area. Topics covered include:
- start up - identifying issues for start up operations off-shore
- use of non-resident companies and trusts - choice of structure
- tips and traps for avoiding double taxation
- repatriation of profits back to Australia
- planning for exit strategies - selling off-shore business/entities.
Alistair Hutson CTA
Alistair Hutson is a Partner in the Corporate Tax Group of PwC in Adelaide. He provides taxation advice and support for corporate clients across areas such as mergers and acquisitions, tax due diligence, capital gains tax, cross-border transactions, international tax structuring, funding decisions and repatriation of profits. Alistair is a member of The Tax Institute’s SA State Council. Current at 17 August 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Alistair HUTSON.
Further details about this event: