Published on 15 Feb 13
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
The business sector is increasingly looking to the $460 Billion in SMSFs to finance projects, ventures and acquisitions. This paper covers the practical, legal and taxation ramifications of SMSF participation in joint ventures, property syndications and managed investment schemes. The paper includes useful case studies with a focus on real property acquisitions / developments.
Topics covered include:
- acceptable investment vehicle
- Corporations Act compliance issues, managed investment schemes, responsible entity,retail / wholesale client distinction, licensing / disclosure requirements
- material contracts / agreements
- considerations regarding development / borrowing / third party service provision
- SIS Act compliance issues, in-house asset standard, uncommercial dealings, non-arm’s length income
- SMSF borrowing to fund equity participation.acquisitions / developments.
Current at 14 September 2011
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Matthew Andruchowycz.