Published on 09 Nov 12
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Related parties and the rules that control the nature of a SMSF's interaction with them would probably if surveyed amongst superannuation professionals be an area of superannuation law that is in practice the most complex to deal with and understand.There are many misconceptions about how these rules apply. This paper runs through a number of case studies to identify opportunities and also to highlight issues of concern.
Topics covered include:
- acquisition rules
- in house asset rules
- arm's length dealing requirements
- financial assistance rules
- non-arms length income rules
- related party borrowing requirements
- pre 99 unit trusts and leases
- 13.22C unit trusts and other structures.
Current at 15 December 2012
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Con GOTSIS.