Published on 04 Jul 05
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- the nature of stamp duty
- when is stamp duty payable in SA?
- when do you need to consider duty in other states or territories?
- special areas of stamp duty
- discretionary trusts including variations and distributions
- unit trusts including redemptions and distributions
- land rich provisions
- valuation issues
- "inconsistencies" between the states
- current issues including:
- corporate restructuring
- current audit areas
- anti-avoidance provisions
- obligations and penalties
- brief practical guide to lodging documents for stamping
- budget changes.
William is a Partner at Donaldson Walsh. He was admitted as a
lawyer in 1978 and is a commercial partner of Donaldson Walsh practising
extensively in the area of general commercial law, with particular emphasis on
property transaction and involving taxation (including State taxation) issues. Current at 02 August 2011
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by William ESAU.
Further details about this event: