Published on 28 Jul 05
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This paper covers:
- lodgement of objections and appeals - statutory deadlines
- requirements to obtain extensions of time for lodgement
- valid objections and appeals - what should they include?
- effective objections and appeals - what should they include?
- Tribunal or Court?
- availability of alternative remedies.
Garry is a Partner in the Taxation Group of Hall & Wilcox Lawyers, where he is responsible for GST, PAYG, employment, and indirect taxes & stamp duty. Garry has over 45 years taxation experience, including employment in the State Taxation Office which culminated in his appointment as Commissioner of State Taxation in 1979 - a position held until early 1992. Since then, Garry has also worked in Director roles with Ernst & Young prior to his move to Hall & Wilcox in 1996.
Current at 9 June 2005 Current at 19 November 2004
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Garry SEBO.
Leanne is a Senior Associate at Hall & Wilcox Lawyers, Melbourne.
Current at August 2005 Current at 19 November 2004
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Leanne HUGHSON.