Published on 25 May 06
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
The paper covers:
- what are instalments and how do they work?
- overview of self funding instalments and income instalments
- what are they?
- how do they work?
- why you should use SFIs in self managed superannuation funds?
- how do you implement the use of SFI into a SMSF?
- shares versus instalment warrants in SMSF
- extracting cash from existing portfolios and diversify investments
- regulatory requirements
- SIS regulations
- investment strategy considerations
- tax considerations
- case studies using self funding instalments in SMSF
- long term growth
- tax management.
Current at 08 November 2006