Published on 14 Aug 14
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- understanding what is involved in SMSF succession planning
- contemplating incapacity and associated risks
- planning who will control the SMSF on death
- determining tax effective methods to distribute benefits
- utilising concurrent and cascading nominations
- redesigning current pensions: the fresh, the reversionary and the non-commutable.
Thalia is a Solicitor with Maurice Blackburn Cashman Commercial, Lawyers. She advises accountants, financial advisers, high net-worth individuals and superannuation fund trustees on superannuation, financial services disclosure, estate planning, trust and taxation issues affecting superannuation and worker entitlement funds.
Current at 28 November 2006 Current at 11 February 2013
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Thalia KALABOUKAS.
Current at 24 April 2012
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Bernie O'SULLIVAN.