Published on 15 Oct 09
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
The case studies considered in this paper cover:
- how, in principle, does Division 7A apply to a private company?
- how, in principle, does Division 7A apply to a trust?
- how do the loan exclusions work?
- what do you do if faced with a previously undiscovered Division 7A problem?
- what should have occurred for a Division 7A problem that was ‘fixed' under the ATO ‘amnesty'?
- how will the budget changes impact on planning?
- how will the budget changes impact on common structures and transactions.
Andrew is a partner in the Sydney law firm Brown Wright Stein Lawyers. His clients are accountants and lawyers in public practice that require advice on tax issues impacting on their clients. Andrew specialises in tax issues common to the SME and high wealth individual sectors.
- Current at
23 September 2019