Published on 24 Aug 09
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- super splitting - divorce
- how do members control who will receive a benefit on their death?
- how do members determine who is entitled to receive a benefit on their death?
- what are the ways in which these death benefits can be paid and how does this benefit different categories of beneficiaries?
- how do we tie superannuation and estate and succession planning together for the benefit of the client?
Lyn is a Director of McPhersons, a company which specialises in providing technical advice on superannuation matters to the accounting, legal and financial planning industries. Lyn's focus is on reviewing superannuation and tax legislation and the development of retirement and superannuation-related strategies. She regularly prepares papers and presentations for the many accounting firms and professional bodies in Queensland. With over 20 years’ experience in superannuation and the administration of self-managed funds, Lyn is also an accredited SSATM SMSF Specialist Advisor of the SMSF Association (formerly known as "SPAA").
- Current at
05 May 2017