Published on 14 May 08
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- the new regulations that allow SMSFs to borrow
- how to structure this borrowing correctly
- the restrictions that apply to gearing in a SMSF
- the accounting issues associated with these changes
- other tax implications to consider - CGT, stamp duty, GST.
Chris Tsovolos FTI
Chris Tsovolos FTI, is an Executive Lawyer in the Private Client Services team of Bartier Perry. Chris has experience in providing specialist services to high net wealth individuals and privately held businesses in his core areas of practice, being taxation issues and appeals, superannuation structuring, estate and business succession planning and asset protection. Chris is a Fellow of The Tax Institute and an Accredited Advisor with Family Business Australia. Current at 21 October 2015
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Chris TSOVOLOS.
Raymond Lim CTA
Raymond works for Bartier Perry Current at 14 May 2008
Further details about this event: