Published on 19 Oct 07
by TASMANIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
The new super rules require us to rethink all strategies to provide value added advice for our clients. This paper examines some of the key areas that practitioners need to be on top of to plan tax effectively for their client’s super needs.
- Planning benefit payments under the new super rules:
- what is a super interest?
- how pensions and lump sums are treated?
- strategies to enhance outcomes
- crystallisation: the ‘must know’ issues:
- accumulation balances
- pre-30 June 2007 pensions
- pre-30 June 1994 pensions
- maximizing the pre 1983 component
- claiming super deductions:
- recent changes
- recent ATO publications.
Bryce is a lawyer with DBA Butler Pty Ltd. Lawyers
Current at 11 March 2009 Current at 07 April 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Bryce FIGOT.