Published on 07 Jun 06
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this paper include:
- tax audit techniques in the 21st Century
- do shortened amendment periods really help?
- is general anti-avoidance more limited?
- will fraud or evasion be more popular?
- is it now safer to ask for a ruling?
- is the penalty regime really more benign?
Ken is a Solicitor - Director of Schurgott & Co Lawyers specialising in taxation matters (including State Taxes, stamp duty, payroll tax and land tax) and with extensive experience in business structuring, business sales and acquisitions, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. Ken is very experienced in tax dispute matters, negotiations for settlements, mediations and conciliations and litigation. He regularly appears before the AAT and NCAT and instructs counsel in matters before the Courts. Ken was National President of the Institute in 2012.
- Current at
01 October 2019