Published on 03 Jul 14
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- the general environment in New Zealand
- current cases with trans-Tasman implications
- tax avoidance/ aggressive tax issues disputes with Inland Revenue and how to navigate them
- round up tips for Australians doing business in New Zealand
- tax avoidance/ aggressive tax issues disputes with inland revenue and how to navigate them
- round up of tips for Australians doing business in New Zealand.
Kirsty Keating, is a Principal of Ernst & Young Law in New Zealand and the country leader of Tax Controversy services for the EY New Zealand group. During her career, Kirsty has been a legal adviser to the New Zealand Inland Revenue's Aggressive Tax Issues teams and a Senior Solicitor at Inland Revenue's Litigation Management team. Since that time, she has used a combination of public and private sector experience to assist numerous clients, from individuals to large corporates, on a range of contentious tax issues, including the more recent advice in relation to complex financing tax disputes and assistance in managing BEPS audits. Kirsty also formerly assisted clients in dealing with the ATO as Tax Controversy Leader for EY's Perth practice. Kirsty has been involved in tax disputes and litigation on a wide range of tax technical issues, but has had a particular focus on issues involving allegations of tax avoidance. Current at 24 November 2014
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Kirsty Keating.
Further details about this event: