Published on 19 May 11
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- confusion as to tax treatment
- ‘streaming’ and (interim) anti-avoidance legislation
- specific anti-avoidance rules for exempt entities used to shelter taxable income of the trust estate
- where does the draft legislation leave trust deeds (need for amendment)?
- where may the wider review and re-write of ITAA36 division 6 (into new ITAA97 provisions) lead?
Jonathan is a former National President of the Taxation Institute of Australia and has extensive knowledge of State and Federal taxation legislation. Jonathan was appointed by the WA Treasurer, the Hon Eric Ripper, to chair the Reference Committee of the recently concluded State Tax Review, intended to build upon tax reforms arising out of the 2001-2003 Business Tax Review.
Current at 21 September 2007
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Jonathan ILBERY.
Further details about this event: