Published on 18 Nov 05
by NORTHERN TERRITORY DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Issues addressed in this paper include:
- debt/equity - small business carve out
- GST and the margin scheme
- service trusts - state of play
- STS - changes from 1 July
- recent tax rulings, legislation and cases.
John is a Partner in the Business Advisory section of Cleland McFarlane Selth and has been working in public practice for over 20 years. He has broad experience in taxation, business advisory and specialised consulting services. John is Chairman of the SA Membership Committee, Member of State Council and National Membership Committee of the Tax Institute. He is a former Institute of Chartered Accountants examiner in both Accounting and Taxation and has tutored in Income Tax Law at the University of Adelaide.
Current at 16 September 2005