Published on 15 Feb 06
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This workshop paper covers the following topics:
- compounding accruals - potential impacts of this fundamental default rule
- realisation - what will still be on a cash/realisation basis?
- fair value - who will elect and to what extent?
- retranslation - the rules / interaction with the Forex Rules
- hedging - the perceived benefits of electing into hedging.
This paper was also presented at the 'Taxation of Financial Arrangements' seminars held in Melbourne on 9 March 2006 and Sydney on 22 March 2006.
Neil Ward FTIA leads the Deloitte Australian Financial Services Tax Group. He has more than 30 years experience in advising in tax. Prior to joining Deloitte in March 2000, Neil spent 12 years with the ANZ Banking Group in Australia and the United Kingdom. Neil is recognised as one of the leading tax advisers on financial arrangements, foreign exchange, thin capitalisation, capital management, withholding tax and infrastructure transactions.
- Current at
06 October 2017