Published on 17 May 03
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper covers the following topics:
- categorising intellectual property
- deductibility of expenditure
- availability of capital allowances
- issues with software and website development costs
- planning for commercialisation
- application of capital gains tax
- issues with taking off-shore opportunities
- other taxes - GST and stamp duty.
Peter is National President of The Tax Institute. He has over 30 years experience giving professional taxation advice and dealing with change to Australian tax laws. Peter provides advice in many areas of taxation, including personal and business taxation, business and investment structuring, international tax planning, prudential tax audits and tax risk management. Peter is a past State Chair of The Tax Institute’s Queensland Division.
- Current at
09 November 2020