Published on 17 Oct 12
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
The new R & D regime commenced in 2011 and it contains a number of significant changes generating the loss of existing opportunities and the creation of new opportunities.
This paper covers:
- who and what qualifies now that did not qualify before
- what does not qualify now that did qualify before
- the opportunity to secure claims via Overseas and Advance Findings
- new opportunities to encourage international R&D to be done in Australia
- relaxing of rules allowing international ownership of R&D project IP
- other changes to the incentives
- what your company needs to be doing differently.
Current at 15 June 2011
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Ian Ross-Gowan.