Published on 27 Sep 11
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- property settlements
- general developments with discretionary trusts
- sweat equity - Making a contribution to the family business
- Part VIIIAA of the Family Law Act - Orders and injunctions binding third parties
- third party rights
- Section 106B - Transactions to defeat claims
- unpaid present entitlements - Getting by with a little help from my friends
- sub-trusts - Fair return on instrument
- breach of trust
- consent of beneficiary as a defence.
Adam is a Partner with Jackson McDonald. He heads up the Tax and Succession Practice at Jackson McDonald. Adam’s practice includes specialising in net tax and succession for high end private clients including their superannuation, business succession and sale , taxation of property transactions and charitable trusts. A regular presenter in WA, with a masters in taxation, over 10 years relevant experience , Adam is well placed to speak on this topic.
Current at 21 June 2006 Current at 21 October 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Adam LEVIN.