Published on 28 Oct 03
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper covers the following issues:
- drafting a tax effective will
- identification of assets, liabilities and beneficiaries
- enduring powers of attorney, guardianship and advance medical directives
- applying for probate
- when and how to use testamentary trusts effectively
- executor's duties and liabilities
- procedure for administration of estates
- date of death tax return for the deceased and tax returns for the estate
- implications for executor and beneficiaries.
Michael Flynn QC CTA-Life
Michael is a Barrister specialising in taxation, is the immediate past National President of The Tax Institute. Michael has appeared before the Federal Court and the High Court in many cases on behalf of both taxpayers and the Commissioner. Michael has been a member of various committees of The Tax Institute for over 20 years, including Victorian State Council (he is a past State Chair) and National Council. He lectures in the postgraduate program at Melbourne University. Current at 02 June 2015
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Michael FLYNN.
Further details about this event: