Published on 09 May 06
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this paper include:
- what is the current status of the Service Trusts Ruling and Guide?
- do I need to wind up my service trust arrangement?
- if so, how do I do it and what are the capital gain tax and income tax implications?
- how would I deal with work in progress and depreciating assets?
- what are the stamp duty implications?
- do I need to make GST adjustments?
- are there payroll tax issues?
Ken is a Solicitor - Director of Schurgott & Co Lawyers specialising in taxation matters (including State Taxes, stamp duty, payroll tax and land tax) and with extensive experience in business structuring, business sales and acquisitions, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. Ken is very experienced in tax dispute matters, negotiations for settlements, mediations and conciliations and litigation. He regularly appears before the AAT and NCAT and instructs counsel in matters before the Courts. Ken was National President of the Institute in 2012.
- Current at
01 October 2019