Published on 09 May 06
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Topics covered in this paper include:
- what is the current status of the Service Trusts Ruling and Guide?
- do I need to wind up my service trust arrangement?
- if so, how do I do it and what are the capital gain tax and income tax implications?
- how would I deal with work in progress and depreciating assets?
- what are the stamp duty implications?
- do I need to make GST adjustments?
- are there payroll tax issues?
Ken is a Tax and Commercial Law Director of Schurgott & Co Lawyers and Special Counsel with Brown Wright Stein Lawyers, Sydney. He has extensive experience in all aspects of tax (including state taxes and litigation), as well as business structuring, business sales and acquisitions, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. Ken has been, until recently, a member of the Advisory Panel to the Board of Taxation and heavily engaged in ongoing consultation in relation to the reform of the taxation of trusts and trust issues generally.
- Current at
30 August 2017