Published on 28 Sep 10
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- setting the scene
- principles of family law
- disclosing interest in family trusts - are they property?
- the family courts approach to entitlements under a will?
- relationship financial agreements
- how reliable are financial agreements?
- relationship financial agreements can be set aside
- practical issues in the actual use of financial agreements
- relationship financial agreements and their interaction with wills.
Peter worked as a psychologist and as a solicitor with the then National Crime Authority before establishing and then leading the forensic accounting division in Australia of one of the international accounting firms. He resigned in 2001 to commence practice at the Victorian Bar where he advises and appears on disputes concerned with valuation and accounting issues including in Family Law. He currently lectures at Melbourne University on forensic accounting issues and has been a contributing author to CCH's Family Law service.
- Current at
11 August 2010