Published on 04 Jul 05
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers the following payroll tax topics:
- essential concepts of payroll tax
- what are wages?
- employment outside South Australia
- being a 'group' - why it is important?
- employee or contractor - why it is important?
It also covers the following land tax topics:
- what is land tax?
- liability and calculation
- single and multiple holdings
- exemptions and rebates
- avoidance and penalties.
Rod is a Partner with Donaldson Walsh practicing in the area of general commercial law, specialising in taxation, revenue and superannuation law with particular interest in wills and estate planning, business succession planning, risk management and asset protection. In June 2005, Rod was appointed as a part-time Senior Member of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal in Adelaide, acting in the General Administrative, Veterans' Appeals and Taxation Appeals Divisions of the Tribunal.
- Current at
27 February 2007