Published on 03 Jun 04
by VICTORIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- background and policy
- the general principles to qualify for the concession
- active business assets - what is excluded?
- valuation methods - market value vs book value - which should you choose?
- impact of accounting
- practical issues relating to active business asset percentage
- multi tier corporate structures
- consolidated foreign accounts
- what this means for business.
Cameron is a Partner at PwC, practising in tax controversy and corporate tax. He was a Professor of Taxation Law at the Melbourne University Law School, and still teaches a course on Mineral and Petroleum Tax.
- Current at
30 August 2017