Published on 11 Jun 03
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper demystifies the tax consolidation laws. Its focus will be on the approach that SME advisers could take when asking themselves the question: does the consolidations regime add benefit to my SME client or not? Questions answered include:
- Which clients does consolidations apply to?
- What are the benefits for the owners of consolidating?
- How does consolidations affect trusts and partnerships?
- What are the financial accounting affects of consolidating?
- What do you have to do to consolidate and by when?
- What happens if your client sells off part of a business or purchases a new business?
- What are the ramifications for losses and imputation credits?
Kenneth Spence CTA-Life
Ken is a Special Counsel in the Melbourne office of Greenwoods & Herbert Smith Freehills. He has been closely involved for many years in advising Australian and foreign-owned listed companies on M&A transactions and has been extensively involved with both clients and tax professional bodies in relation to all aspects of the tax consolidation regime. Ken is a past President of The Tax Institute. Current at 23 August 2016
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Ken SPENCE.
Further details about this event: