Published on 11 Jun 03
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper demystifies the tax consolidation laws. Its focus will be on the approach that SME advisers could take when asking themselves the question: does the consolidations regime add benefit to my SME client or not? Questions answered include:
- Which clients does consolidations apply to?
- What are the benefits for the owners of consolidating?
- How does consolidations affect trusts and partnerships?
- What are the financial accounting affects of consolidating?
- What do you have to do to consolidate and by when?
- What happens if your client sells off part of a business or purchases a new business?
- What are the ramifications for losses and imputation credits?