Published on 22 Jul 03
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper covers the following topics:
- overview and timing of the Budget proposals
- broadening the carve-out for the broad-exemption listed
- narrowing of tainted services income
- the dividend and CGT exemptions
- what the changes mean for tax effective restructuring and
Zorach is a Principal in the International Tax Services Group of Ernst & Young. For over 10 years he has advised major Australian and foreign multinationals on the tax implications of cross border investments. Prior to joining the profession Zorach was with the ATO where he spent five years in the ATO's Policy and Legislation
Division. Much of that time he was engaged in developing the CFC measures. Since joining the profession Zorach has also been
involved with the Tax Office's National Tax Liaison Group Foreign Source Income Sub-Committee.
Current at August 2004 Current at 23 October 2007
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Zorach DISKIN.