Published on 16 Feb 07
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This paper covers:
- a summary of the legislative reform
- what does this mean for existing products?
- what does this mean for investors and investor behaviour?
- what new products might be developed?
- what features of banking products might be absorbed?
Caroline is a Tax Manager at ING Australia where she manages tax issues for ING’s superannuation, pension and life insurance product range. Since migrating to Australia in 1996 Caroline has been involved in various aspects of financial services taxation. During the introduction and early years of GST Caroline played a key role in lobbying on GST matters relevant to the financial services industry. Over the past four years she has focused on superannuation issues and is currently a member of the IFSA working party formed to respond to the superannuation budget changes announced in the May 2006 budget.
Current at 12 December 2006