Published on 20 Feb 08
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- treatment of proceeds from exploitation of the IP
- tax by assessment
- tax by withholding - RWT (royalties and non-residents)
- what is a royalty (inc TR2007/D5)
- operation of DTAs
- effect of non-payment of RWT
- assignment of the right to receive the royalty [cf ABB case].
David is a Strategic Adviser in relation to taxation matters operating principally in Sydney. He has been involved in taxation matters for over 35 years, the last 10 as a sole practitioner, and has been writing and presenting on the subject of tax fraud and tax offences since the 1980s with a more recent focus on lessons coming from Operation Wickenby and related investigations, and is the author of Investigations by Administrative Agencies. David was the President of The Tax Institute in 2010.
- Current at
18 September 2013