Published on 20 Mar 13
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Trust Distributions – clients will not make your life easier when preparing them, but there are general rules that will:
- when do you 'resolve', when do you 'minute' and why does it matter?
- my client will make a capital gain so when do you think about what the trust deed says and can you use the 'precedent' resolution giving the 'net income' to dad, mum and the kids?
- practical tips and pitfalls for streaming capital gains and franked income.
- should you use percentages, figures or a mixture and how do you account for discrepancies and amendments?
- getting the accounting right – you will be surprised how important it is.