Published on 31 Aug 04
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers the following topics:
- why FTEs are required
- the relevance of the trust type
- family trusts satisfying the pattern of distributions test
- the income injection test
- strategies for approaching FTE issues
- making a retrospective election.
Andrew is a partner in the Sydney law firm Brown Wright Stein Lawyers. His clients are accountants and lawyers in public practice that require advice on tax issues impacting on their clients. Andrew specialises in tax issues common to the SME and high wealth individual sectors.
- Current at
23 September 2019