Published on 19 Nov 09
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- trusts interests as property of others
- trusts interests of the bankrupt
- claims against retired trustee
- recovering trust distributions
- the reach of Richstar (no 6)
- Kennon v Spry
- the interplay of family law and bankruptcy.
Ken is a tax and commercial law partner in the Sydney office of SBN Lawyers. He has extensive experience in all aspects of tax (including State taxes) as well as business structuring, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. Ken is a National Councillor of the Tax Institute and a member of the NSW Divisional Council and Education Committee. He is also a member of the Advisory Panel to the Board of Taxation and has recently been involved as a member of the Working Group on Managed Investment Trusts.
Current at 13 January 2009 Current at 25 March 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Ken SCHURGOTT.