Published on 19 Aug 10
by NATIONAL DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- what is the rationale for the rule?
- current Australian rap position and relevance for trusts in 2010
- long-term risks for 80 year trusts: CGT events E5
- South Australian position: rule against perpetuities has been abolished
- domiciling a trust in South Australia
- changing the domicile of existing trust.
Michael Butler FTIA is a Partner at Finlaysons' Tax & Revenue Group. Michael advises both domestic
and foreign clients on federal, international and state tax matters, and has a special interest in property tax
issues. Michael is the author of the book "Australian Federal Company Taxation" and a regular contributor to Taxation
Institute of Australia events.
Current at 23 March 2009 Current at 15 April 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Michael BUTLER.