Published on 02 May 03
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper explores the uniquely Australian love affair with the trust including:
- how trusts are created
- some myths about the features of different types of trusts
- sub-trusts, resettlements and Section 109UB:ITAA97
- revaluations, exempt amounts and CGT Events D1,H2 and E4
- trusts as asset protection entities
- recent developments with trust structures (including
developments in respect of service trusts)
- the future of trusts.
Colin is a Director in the firm Munro Doig, lawyers of West Perth, and has been a partner in large firms in Johannesburg and Perth. He holds the degrees BA, LLB and a (postgraduate) Higher Diploma in Tax Law. He is admitted to practice in Western Australia and the High Court of Australia. He practises in all aspects of revenue law and trusts. His practice focuses on the structuring of entities and transactions.
Current at 30 March 2005
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Colin MUNRO.
Further details about this event: