Published on 28 Oct 05
by WESTERN AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper and case study covers how to pass on the value in a family trust to the next generation:
- Do the beneficiaries fit the plan?
- Resettlement problems
- Powers of the Appointor
- Family trusts and the will
- Cloning and splitting trusts
- Extending the life of a trust
- Family trust elections - are these really an issue?
- Testamentary and child maintenance trusts.
Ken is a Solicitor - Director of Schurgott & Co Lawyers specialising in taxation matters (including State Taxes, stamp duty, payroll tax and land tax) and with extensive experience in business structuring, business sales and acquisitions, asset protection, succession planning and trust and estate law. Ken is very experienced in tax dispute matters, negotiations for settlements, mediations and conciliations and litigation. He regularly appears before the AAT and NCAT and instructs counsel in matters before the Courts. Ken was National President of the Institute in 2012.
- Current at
01 October 2019