Published on 23 May 08
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This paper includes detailed case studies covering:
- beneficiaries: Traps in identifying beneficiaries and exclusion clauses
- streaming, expense allocations and loss recoupment: The impact of the Federal Court's decision in Cajkusic
- reimbursement agreements: Identifying the risks outlined in recent case law
- family trust elections: Managing elections in light of recent amendments and considering the operation of the loss injection rules
- cloning trusts: How to ensure the new trust really is a clone
- gearing in trusts: Consideration of different structures and deductibility of interest
- small business CGT concessions: Implications of the amended provisions for trusts.
Daniel enjoys solving complex taxation and trust law issues for private enterprise clients. He is also a trusted confidant in planning the succession of his client’s personal and business affairs. Daniel is a Chartered Tax Advisor with The Tax Institute, accredited as a specialist in Taxation Law with the Law Institute of Victoria, and the principal author of the Trust Structures Guide published by The Tax Institute. Since 2016, Daniel has appeared in the list of one of Australia's “Best Lawyers of the Year” in the practice of tax law. The list is compiled by Best Lawyers and published in the Australian Financial Review. Daniel has also been recognised in Doyles Guide as a recommended tax lawyer since 2016. Daniel is a regular presenter at state and national industry conventions, conferences and workshops.
- Current at
22 October 2019
Meagan is a Principal of Sladen Legal and practises in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, business and commercial advice, business and investment structuring, trusts and succession planning. Meagan has a significant depth of understanding and experience on all legal matters relating to business transactions, commercial contracts and structuring. Meagan is one of the contributing authors of The Tax Institute's Trust Structures Guide and has written articles for The Tax Institute's journal Taxation in Australia.
- Current at
15 September 2016
Ron principally consults on Commonwealth and State tax laws, tax dispute resolution and compliance enforcement. Ron specialises in trusts and trust disputes, succession and asset protection, business and investment structuring and tax sensitive commercial and property transactions. Ron is an Accredited Specialist Tax Law and member of the Tax Law Advisory Committee with the Law Institute of Victoria. He is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria and The Tax Institute. Ron is a member of the Tax Technical Committee (Vic), a member and former chair of the States Taxes Committee (Vic) and former representative of the Victorian State Taxes Consultative Council for The Tax Institute. Ron is a member of the Property Council of Australia Tax Committee (Victorian Division). Ron was recognised by Doyle’s Guide as a Recommended Leading Tax Lawyer for 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Current at
07 August 2019