Published on 06 Aug 12
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper reviews the latest issues arising in SMSF structuring and restructuring transactions with a focus on business real property. Practical case studies will be provided to highlight the various technical issues as well as the pitfalls and opportunities of a variety of SMSF strategies.
Topics covered include:
- the use and abuse of special purpose unit trusts/companies (reg. 13.22C)
- application of non-arm's length income provisions when private companies pay dividends to SMSFs
- update on Limited Recourse Borrowing Arrangements and finalised SMSFR 2012/11
- the use of geared unit trusts without infringing the in-house asset rule
- in specie distributions from SMSFs - tax and stamp duty issues.
Current at 26 May 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Andrew SINCLAIR.