Published on 09 Feb 10
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- the use of managed investment trusts (‘MITs')
- the interaction of Division 855 and the MIT withholding tax regime
- the particular issues for sovereign wealth funds and foreign pension funds
- withholding taxes, particularly interest withholding tax issues for leveraged structures
- the interaction of the Australian tax regime with investor home tax rules.
Jenny Clarke FTIA is a Partner at KPMG and has over 20 years of experience working with financial services clients. Jenny specialises in, and has been extremely involved with, the development of the tax
consolidation legislation. Jenny is in regular contact with KPMG experts who attend the National Tax Liaison Group meetings and other meetings with Treasury and has been involved in tax consolidation projects for many of KPMG’s clients
Current at 28 May 2008 Current at 23 February 2010
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Jenny CLARKE.