Published on 26 May 08
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper canvasses the strategies and emerging practices associated with the transfer of wealth to and from SMSFs. It also reviews the CGT, stamp duty and commercial issues associated with the transfer of wealth back to non-superannuation entities for the benefit and control of the next generation. Topics covered include:
- maximisation of contribution caps
- issues for trust and company structures
- interface with small business CGT concessions
- in specie distributions and contributions
- employment termination payments including transitional termination payments.