Published on 06 Nov 04
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper focusses on the non-civil which can flow from getting the management of tax risk wrong, including:
- structure of the relevant provisions of the Criminal Code Act 1995
- results of recent prosecutions - has the law changed?
- is the actual tax position relevant to or needed in a prosecution?
- the impact of a Round Robin
- ATO Prosecution Policy
- does it matter if I am an employee rather than a principal?
- unresolved issues
- what other risks lurk?
David J WILLIAMS
David Williams FTIA is a Strategic Adviser in relation to taxation matters. He has been involved in taxation matters for over 30 years, the last six as a sole practitioner, and has been tracking the evolution of the AMLCTF legislation and its likely impact on service providers for the last three years. David is the author of Investigations by Administrative Agencies
Current at April 2009 Current at 08 April 2009
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by David J WILLIAMS.