Published on 03 Nov 04
by SOUTH AUSTRALIAN DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
Issues covered in this paper include:
- ending a discretionary trust
- the mechanics of ending a discretionary trust
- how to decide which beneficiary gets what final distributions?
- accessing the small business tax concessions
- in specie distribution of assets vs cash
- forgiveness of debts
- getting the franking credits out to someone who can use them
- using the trust losses
- family trusts or interposed trusts
- accidental ending (eg. unintended resettlements)
- anti-avoidance issues: Part IVA/income injection test
- SA stamp duty
- what's different for fixed trusts (including unit trusts), hybrid trusts, bare trusts and testamentary trusts which include life interests?
Click here to expand/collapse more articles by Arlene MACDONALD.
Further details about this event: