Published on 20 Nov 03
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This seminar paper covers the following topics:
- locating the power to wind up in your trust deed
- documentation requirements for final distributions
- how do you get the assets out?
- stamp duty relief
- CGT issues - implications for trustees
- CGT issues - implications for beneficiaries
- GST issues.
Craig is a Special Counsel in the Tax Division at MinterEllison. In addition to his law degree, he holds a Graduate Diploma of Insurance and a Masters of Tax, and is completing a PhD in physics in his spare time. Craig has specialised in corporate taxation since 2000, and also assists clients with the resolution of disputes with the ATO and the Office of State Revenue. Craig is the Chair of The Tax Institute’s Queensland Technical Resources Committee, and is recognised in both Best Lawyers and Doyle’s Guide.
- Current at
29 November 2017