Published on 20 Oct 06
by QUEENSLAND DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This paper covers:
- revocable family trust elections
- the relevance of the trust type
- family trusts - satisfying the pattern of distributions test
- Division 7A - is your trust affected?
- the income injection test
- the latest on trust cloning and splitting.
Justin is a partner at HopgoodGanim Lawyers and heads up their taxation and revenue team. He advises on a wide range of complex taxation issues including income tax, CGT, GST and stamp duty. With qualifications and extensive experience in both law and accounting, he is uniquely placed to provide practical and commercial tax solutions for a range of clients from individuals and small business owners to large corporations and government. He is also experienced in negotiating with the Tax Office in relation to tax disputes as well as conducting tax litigation in the AAT and Federal Court.
- Current at
12 April 2016