Published on 28 Jul 05
by NATIONAL EVENTS, TAXATION INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA
This presentation is an annual review of significant state and territory tax cases over the last 12 months including:
- Chief Commissioner of State Revenue v Dick Smith Electronics Holdings Pty Ltd 2005 ATC 4052
- Commissioner of State Revenue (SA) v Roy Morgan Research Centre Pty Ltd 2004 ATC 4933
- Sportscorp Australia Pty Ltd v Chief Commissioner of State Revenue (NSW) 2004 ATC 5044
- McDonalds Australia Holdings Pty Ltd v Commissioner of State Revenue (Qd) 2004 ATC 4970
- Forstaff Pty Ltd v Chief Commissioner of State Revenue (NSW) 2004 ATC 4758.
Areas of specialty include Appellate (all jurisdictions); Stamp Duties/Revenue; Trade Practices; Corporations; Body Corporate & Community Management; Consumer Credit; Personal Injuries and Professional Negligence; Wills, Probate and Family Provision. Sometime presenter, lecturer and teacher: Australian Advocacy Institute, Bar Practice Course (QUT), CLE (Qld Law Society), CPD (Qld Bar Association), Lexis/Nexis. Taxation Institute of Australia, IBC Conferences Member, Queensland Advocacy Inc. and Queensland Medico-Legal Society.
- Current at
11 December 2007