Published on 13 May 09
by NEW SOUTH WALES DIVISION, THE TAX INSTITUTE
This presentation covers:
- year end tax planning - a quick overview of the usual tax planning issues, along with consideration of concepts unique to this year's tax planning including the Small Business and General Business Tax Break
- economic climate issues - falling asset values mean that you can consider restructuring or transferring assets where it would otherwise be cost prohibitive. In addition if your client's businesses are falling in value or are not as profitable it may be time for a fresh look at Division 7A loans
- ongoing structuring and planning issues including:
- how the small business entity rules impact on planning
- the ATO's ongoing focus on professional practice structures
- trust issues being under the spotlight as a result of recent court decisions and ATO announcements.
Scott is a Partner at Pitcher Partners Sydney where he focuses on taxation, business, structuring and succession issues for a wide range of clients. Scott also heads the property industry speciality in the Sydney practice, working with small and large developers, retirement village operators and investors as well as aged care providers. Scott is active in The Tax Institute as New South Wales State Chair, and in number of technical forums including the Property Council, Retirement Living Council and CAANZ taxation working groups. He has extensive experience in income tax, GST and state taxes from both his time in public practice as well as at the ATO, and has a reputation for achieving commercial outcomes on complex issues.
- Current at
04 January 2018